Woodward, Okla. ó Betty L. Adams, 81 year old Woodward resident, died Sunday, July 31, 2011 at her home in Woodward. Funeral services will be held at 10:00 a.m. Thursday, August 4, 2011 at the Trinity Lutheran Church with Pastor Gregory Brown officiating. Interment will be in the Elmwood Cemetery. Arrangements are under the direction of the Billings Funeral Home.
Betty Lois (Gaston) Adams was born on June 23, 1930 in Woodward, Oklahoma to Elzie Herbert and Lillie Alta (Drake) Gaston. She was reared in the Sharon and attended Sharon schools, graduating with the class of 1948. Betty was united in marriage to James "Jim" L. Adams in 1949. They were blessed with two sons, John and Joe. They made their home in Woodward after Jim returned from the military. The family lived in several different places due to Jimís work as a Brickmason. In 1974 the family moved back to Woodward and Betty has lived here since that time. Betty worked for J.D. Hodges and Work and Work Law Firm.
Betty was a member of the Trinity Lutheran Church and was very active in the church, always helping wherever she was needed. She had helped with numerous church programs for many years.
She is survived by her sons, John Adams and wife Karen of Owasso, Joe Adams and wife Lee Ann of Woodward; grandchildren, Christina Mahan and husband Jesse of French Lick, Indiana, Tyler Grunewald and wife Sara of Woodward, Sabrina Murphy of French Lick, Indiana, Cori Adams of Woodward and her mother Jackie Adams of Woodward, Kindra Day, Matthew Day, Haley Drew, all of Woodward; other relatives and many friends.
She was preceded in death by her parents, her husband Jim in 1996, and one sister Bonnie Shane.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Trinity Lutheran Church with the funeral home accepting the contributions.
Remembrances may be shared online at www.billingsfuneralhomewoodward.com
Ancestors of Betty Lois Gaston
1. Betty Lois Gaston (daughter of Elzie Herbert Gaston and Lillie Alta Drake) was born on 23 Jun 1930 in Woodward, Woodward, Oklahoma, USA. She died on 31 Jul 2001 in Woodward, Woodward, Oklahoma, USA. She married James L Adams in 1949. He was born on 17 Jun 1930. He died on 29 Oct 1996. They are buried in Elmwood Cemetery.
2. Elzie Herbert Gaston (son of Creth Harlo Gaston and Mary Alice Moyer) was born on 27 Feb 1898 in Sharon, Woodward, Oklahoma, USA. He died on 28 Nov 1983 in Woodward, Woodward, Oklahoma, USA. He married Lillie Alta Drake (daughter of Jesse Albert Drake and Lillie Lena Steadman) on 22 Mar 1922 in Woodward, Oklahoma, USA.
3. Lillie Alta Drake (daughter of Jesse Albert Drake and Lillie Lena Steadman) was born on 03 Aug 1903. She died on 07 Aug 1995. They are buried in Elmwood Cemetery.
4. Creth Harlo Gaston was born on 29 Apr 1860. He died on 14 Jan 1919. He married Mary Alice Moyer.
5. Mary Alice Moyer (daughter of Unknown Moyer) was born on 12 Dec 1866. She died on 07 Sep 1941. They are buried in North Persimmon Cemetery, Sharon, Woodward, OK.
6. Jesse Albert Drake (son of Robert Henry Drake and Rebecca Sears) was born on 15 Jan 1879 in Clay Center, Kansas. He died on 25 Dec 1951 in Enid, Garfield, Oklahoma, USA. He married Lillie Lena Steadman (daughter of Joseph L. Steadman and Caroline L. Matthews) on 25 Jun 1901 in Woodward, Woodward, Oklahoma, USA.
7. Lillie Lena Steadman (daughter of Joseph L. Steadman and Caroline L. Matthews) was born on 05 Oct 1883 in Shoken Falls, , WA. She died on 19 Aug 1964 in Woodsfield, Mansse, OH. They are buried in Vonton Cemetery, Woodward Co., OK
10. Unknown Moyer.
12. Robert Henry Drake was born on 28 Apr 1836. He died on 22 Sep 1922. He married Rebecca Sears.
13. Rebecca Sears was born on 03 Mar 1846. She died on 07 Jun 1919.They are buried in North Persimmon Cemetery, Sharon, Woodward, OK.
14. Joseph L. Steadman was born on 25 Dec 1846 in Bainbridge, Geauga, Ohio, USA. He died on 24 Nov 1916 in Dayton, OH. He married Caroline L. Matthews on 20 Mar 1867.
15. Caroline L. Matthews was born on 25 Aug 1848. She died on 09 May 1918. They are buried in North Vonton Cemetery, Sharon, Woodward Co, OK.
This page was updated: Sunday, 28-Jun-2015 14:22:26 CDT
This site may be freely linked, but not duplicated in any way without consent.
All rights reserved! Commercial use of material within this site is prohibited!
© 2000-2021 Oklahoma Cemeteries
The information on this site is provided free for the purpose of researching your genealogy. This material may be freely used by non-commercial entities, for your own research, as long as this message remains on all copied material. The information contained in this site may not be copied to any other site without written "snail-mail" permission. If you wish to have a copy of a donor's material, you must have their permission. All information found on these pages is under copyright of Oklahoma Cemeteries. This is to protect any and all information donated. The original submitter or source of the information will retain their copyright. Unless otherwise stated, any donated material is given to Oklahoma Cemeteries to make it available online. This material will always be available at no cost, it will always remain free to the researcher.