Submitted & ©
SECTION ONE - The plat of the cemetery was recorded on the 19th day of October A.D. 1896. This was after Asel M. and Carrie Cooper, who homesteaded the 160 acres, received their patent from the United States Government on January 22, 1896. A Warranty Deed was filed on Dec 4, 1896, by Carrie Cooper and Asel M. Cooper her husband to Richard B. Griffin the SW 1/4 of Sec 25, Twp 13N, Rg 6W subject to sale of 30 lots in the cemetery. First Burial Ldo Lincoln Marts
SECTION TWO - Filed for Record Aug 24, 1897. Richard B. Griffin and wife Ellen J. Griffin to Frisco Cemetery Association a Warranty Deed for a certain tract of land containing two acres constituting the Frisco Cemetery. Deed excepts several lots described by number of Plat #1 that Richard Griffin reserved for his family.
SECTIONS THREE AND FOUR - Filed for Record Mar 14, 1900 James and Eliza Smith gave one acre of land divided into two section.
FOR CHURCH (PRESENT DAY SHELTER AREA) - Filed for Record Oct 11, 1911. Richard B & Sarah May Griffin deeded 1/2 acre to the Trustees of the Frisco Union Church for a church building. (This was for the church moved to the cemetery from the town of Frisco.) History of Church
SECTIONS FIVE AND SIX - Filed for Record May 8, 1925 the cemetery acquired 1.5 acres from J. M. and Stella Walker.
SECTION 7 - Filed for Record Dec 13, 1973 the cemetery acquired .84 acres from E. D. Yeager and .21 acres from N. J. Kruger et al.
The copyright (s) on this page must appear on all
copied and/or printed material.